Chillicothe, Illinois

Calvary has been harrassing me for months now. They repeatedly call me asking for someone else who I don't know and I know the two families who have lived at my residence prior to me. I've lived here 2 1/2 years.

I get calls from a computer and am told I have to call an 800 number to be removed. When I call, I have been hung up and treated sarcastically as if they think I'm lying and am the person they are looking for.

I have threatened harrassment, asked for a supervisor's name, sent letters to no avail. Is there a legal recourse I can take? This is ridiculous. I'm being harrassed by a nasty, rude collection agency and I pay my bills!

Had an Experience with Cavalry Portfolio Services?

Comments

I was getting calls from them all the time.After several phone calls back to the number to call to get the calls to stop they did stop for a few months.

Now I am getting the calls again. When I called this time I was told my number had been deleted from the file but was now back on it. I was told I was the one being rude and am I sure I don't know this person.

Then he hung up on me.If I get another phone call I will be writing to my state Attorney General.

Dayville, Oregon, United States #25088

i had the same problem...only the person i speak with is extremely rude and tells me that she doesnt believe that the person she is looking for isnt here. She sctually lied and told me she spoke to him on this number the other day, which could not be true since we have had it for a while now. I to have no idea how to get them to stop calling!

Cayenne, Guyane, French Guiana #16935

I actually used to work there, not proud of it, but your best bet is to look into the FDCPA laws, which are governed by the FTC.Google them and you'll find a solution.

A written cease has to be honored, so I would file a complaint with your attorney general's office as well.Good luck!!